March 17, 2014

Clueless.

I am not the best writer, dancer, leader, daughter, sister and student in town, nor the best in anything. I'm just this simple college junior who is undecided on what career path she wants to take and doesn't even know what to do about it. Everyday I face different problems that I create. It's weird, but I guess my day isn't complete if I don't induce a dose of dilemma. For some reason, I've always hated the idea of not having anything to worry about because I won't have something interesting to do or work for.
What is the best thing to do when you are clueless about what you want?
I want to write that's for sure, but I don't know who I want to write for. As a kid, I've dreamed of becoming a Candy Magazine writer. I have this stash of candy mags that can't even fit in my cabinet anymore. My heart broke when I found out that they don't accept Communication Arts students as an intern, so I pursued my internship in ABS-CBN. I want to be a broadcaster too, because I grew up seeing my mom do newscasts and I basically lived in ABS-CBN's news room as well. But because of the various works I do in class, I got confused. I've tried scriptwriting, and I think I did a good job in writing X's second episode. (If a member of BENT productions' is reading this, or at least someone who has seen the show, I'd be glad to know if my statement is true hehehe) I currently am writing our thesis which I honestly hate doing, I'm not the type of student who loves going to libraries or other "educational" places just to do some research. I like opening my mind and making her wander, then write about what she saw or felt. Yes, I am referring to my brain as a human being (I can get really weird sometimes) and recently I was tasked to write our advertising copy for Teva and also our tagline for our agency. I'm not sure if I did a good job, but I had fun thinking of the perfect words to suit the product and our agency. It's hard to choose if there are various options. Our preferences change over time and sometimes we end up regretting that we didn't go for the other.
One thing's for sure though..
I may be confused right now, but I want to write something that will inspire people and make them see the real world. Sometimes we get stuck in a fictional dimension that we tend to abandon reality. It will be a tough choice, probably one of the hardest decisions I have to make, but someday I'll know why God took me to that path. We walk or drive through a road we think is right, but once it ends up being the wrong way, we'll realize that sometimes, we all need a wrong turn before reaching where we are bound to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment