March 16, 2014

Yellow Light.

Green. Red. Yellow.
Sometimes I just don't know when to go or stop. Sometimes I want to run. Run as fast as I could and never look back. But sometimes, I want to stop. I want to sit for a while and do nothing, think about nothing, and feel nothing. Sometimes I want to run while the red light is on, but most of the time, I want to stop during the green light. Why is it that everything seems to move so fast while you're standing there, not knowing what to do? And why is that when you are ready to run and let go, everything stops moving? Life, they say, is a matter of choices. It's either you go for it, or you don't. Maybe the reason why they invented the yellow light that people hate the most is because people should be reminded that sometimes, you just have to pause while moving fast, and get ready to run as you stand still.
Green.
I've ben moving too fast lately. I wanted to get things done in an instant that I failed to realize that what I have is not what I entirely want. At first I was so sure that I wanted to enter news and current affairs. I fixed my internship early, got accepted and now I'm just waiting for it to start. I didn't want to be late. I never liked the idea of being the last one to get things done, but the thing about moving too fast is that you don't get to see the small details that make up who you really want to be. Today I saw the yellow light. As I was running triple time, the yellow light suddenly lights up and tells me to pause for a while, think of what I really want to do in life then stop, before I go for it.
Red.
As of the moment, everything is still. The good thing about the red light is that it gives you time to think of where you want to go because sometimes, you're too caught up by the things around you that you forget to think. It's better to move slowly, but surely. Everything changes in just a snap of a finger. What you want now will change after a few minutes and the love you have for someone will suddenly fade and because of the drastic changes happening around, you'll get torn between coping up with the changes or staying the way you are. All of a sudden, after choosing what you want to do, the yellow light appears, signals you to get ready to go for it.
Green. Yellow. Red.
You just have to go for what you want, pause for a while then stop. Stop and stay where you are. Live the life given to you and make the most out of it.
Red. Yellow. Green.
After achieving what you want and living the life you have wanted, you have to stop. Stop and think if it was all worth it. When the light turns yellow, get ready, and go to the next chapter of your life.
Yellow.
Just pause for a while, then go for it. As the old saying goes, "the best things are worth waiting for."

No comments:

Post a Comment